Giving Tuesday is a global generosity movement that unleashes the power of radical generosity around the world.
Giving Tuesday was created in 2012 as a simple idea: a day that encourages people to do good. Over the past nine years, this idea has grown into a global movement that inspires hundreds of millions of people to give, collaborate, and celebrate generosity.
You can make a difference today by donating to the fundraising efforts of these LPN members:
- The Latino Racial Justice Circle is raising $10,000 to pay for attorneys for 3 immigrant families so that they stay in the US: https://www.gofundme.com/help-3-families-get-immigration-legal-assistance.
- Centro SOL and Comite Latino de Baltimore are raising funds to help families affected by the pandemic. Monetary donations can be made at jhcentrosol.org/give (make sure you click next to Centro SOL logo to support this campaign!).
- The Featherstone Foundation announced a $15,000 Giving Tuesday campaign to support their scholarship fund:
- Maryland Physician Care is hosting a Toy Drive through online registries with Walmart, Target, and Amazon. Toys collected will be donated through partner agencies that work with families in Maryland. Toy Drive flyer can be seen here.
- Donations to KIND (Kids in Need of Defense) made today by midnight will be tripled, up to $100,000: https://supportkind.org/. Donation link is featured on the web banner now!
This is just a sample of the worthy organizations that you can support this Giving Tuesday. Thank you for supporting non-profits this holiday season in any way that you can: making a donation, volunteering your time, or sharing their campaigns on your social media... every bit helps!
Thank you for all that you do...today and every day.